(Pinned Post) // In 2022, I challenged myself to create a series of paintings in Maine that captured the essence of nature and the theme of "escape". Instead of the crowded tourist spots, I sought out hidden gems that would allow me to capture the breathtaking beauty of Maine's natural landscapes in a new and inspiring way.
From lush forests to breathtaking coastlines, I love with the stunning scenery that Maine had to offer. The diversity of landscapes and the challenge of capturing their beauty and color in paint was both humbling and inspiring.
If you'd like to see what I created during my artistic exploration, click on the links below to view my art from each location. I'll be adding more pieces as they're completed, including plein air paintings from the trip and studio works created both during and after the trip.
Join me on this journey of discovery and see what can be achieved when you venture off the beaten path and allow yourself to be inspired by the natural world:
- Seguin Sprint Sailboat Race / Seguin Island (Mobile Studio + Home Studio)
- Deer Isle Sunset (Plein Air)
- Tennis Preserve, Deer Isle (Plein Air + Mobile Studio)
- Monhegan Island (Mobile Studio + Home Studio)
- View of Indian Island Light, Rockport Maine (Plein Air)
- Rockport Harbor (Home Studio)
- Camp Wanageesha, Searsmont (Plein Air)
- Acadia National Park, Schoodic Point (Mobile Studio + Home Studio)
- Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain (Home Studio)
- Mt. Battie, Camden (Plein Air)
- Kettle Cove, Cape Elizabeth (Plein Air)
- York Beach (Mobile Studio)
- Mt Agamenticus, York (Plein Air)
- Mt Katahdin (Plein Air)
- Rangely Lake (Plein Air)
- Quill Hill Overlook (Plein Air)
- Moosehead Lake (Home Studio)
- Christmas Cove, South Bristol (Plein Air)
- Pemaquid Point (Mobile Studio + Home Studio)
- Chain of Ponds (Plein Air)
- Morses Mountain, Phippsburg (Mobile Studio)
- Edgecomb (Plein Air)
- Wiscasset Harbor (Plein Air)
- Georgetown (Plein Air)
- Eustis (Mobile Studio + Home Studio)
- Brunswick (Plein Air)
- Sullivan (Mobile Studio)
- Macworth Island (Home Studio)
Be sure to join my mailing list here to receive 15% off your purchase of one of these works. Don't miss out on the chance to bring a piece of Maine's natural beauty into your home!
Interested in learning more about my life on the road and how I created a mobile studio for my painting adventures? Check out my post, "Less is More ~ Living in a Van" where I share my experience of adapting to life in a 120 square foot van-dwelling. And for more details on how I created my mobile studio, head over to this post.